Who cares what games we choose? Little to win but nothing to lose.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Update

Alright, sorry for the lack of posts. The reason I've not been updating this is that I had to get off trail for a while; my dad was in a pretty bad accident on his bicycle in Florida, so I flew back to be there for him and my family while he was in the hospital. The good news is he's going to be alright.

Anyways, I left from Aqua Dulce the day after my previous post, and plan to go back out there in a week or so, to Mammoth Lakes. I'll skip a good chunk of the trail, including the southern Sierras and Mt. Whitney, which sucks, but I'd rather meet up with my friends and hike the rest of it with them. I'll probably just have to thru-hike the whole damn thing some other year (I could just go back and do what I missed, but I want to walk from Mexico to Canada, and that's just what I aim to do... someday). I hope I still have my trail legs, and can keep up with everyone.

Well, that's all for now from southwest Florida.

3 comments:

  1. Life throws curves in the road all the time. It's good that you went home to be with your dad. The trail will always be there, your dad won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having got off the trail for a few weeks on my thru-hike and coming back several days behind my friends in order to hike every step of the way, I can say from experience that I think you made the right decision in skipping up to be with them. The friends you make on adventures like this are almost always more important than the continuous hike. Have fun back on the trail. I'll look forward to hearing the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure. It's the people that matter the most. I'd probably end up bored, even in the High Sierra, if I had to do it alone. I'm more social than I give myself credit for :)

    ReplyDelete