Who cares what games we choose? Little to win but nothing to lose.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pictures: Mex Border to Idyllwild

After my extremely depressing previous post, here's where it's really at out here most of the time. Beautiful landscapes, fun and excellent people, good times all around. I think I have these generally in order, damn near anyways. I'm pretty sure clicking on the photos brings up the full size.

A lot of folks started hiking the same day as me. I'm front row second from the right, with K-Bomb
Burn area on our first day of hiking. Lots of flowers


Some dry hills

Acting stupid at the border

Almost to Lake Morena

This was one pissed off buzz worm. Scared the shit out of me, actually. 

Left to right: Ninja, Drop and Roll, K-Bomb, and Busted Magic at a restaraunt in Warner Springs

San Felipe Hills at Scissor's Crossing in the evening.
Dead tired getting here, almost injured, but still snapping photos.

Siesta time, and my huge tarp saves the day. Still hot as an oven under there.
Marc, K-Bomb, and Busted Magic 

Verdant valley full of cows and green, heading to Warner Springs.
Looked so welcoming after the deserts we've been in. Made me think of Rohan.


If you say the incantation just right, you can fly to Canada, and it still counts.
Sadly, Eagle Rock did not come alive for me, ready as I was.
Historic St Thomas chapel in Warner Springs.

Desert hills and clouds.
One of the several water caches out there, filled by trail angels.
These things are extremely helpful, this one was mostly empty.

Sunrise heading into the San Jacinto Mountains from Cedar Springs

Walking in a winter wonderland. But cold as hell.

The San Jacinto Mountains, all in ice

Rime ice

Me in the San Jacintos.


No comments:

Post a Comment